Pages

Sunday

Sunday Reflections

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. — C.S. Lewis

How do you explain to someone who may not get it that you are Christian? Especially when the world has put such a negative image to the word, Christian. I am slowly becoming addicted to Pinterest, I actually only allow myself to be on there once a week because boy can it be a time suck. The one area I seem to always gravitate towards is the inspirational posts. I recently ran across one that said something like:

When I say...I am a Christian, I'm not shouting I am saved, I'm whispering I get lost. I'm not trying to be strong, I'm professing that I'm weak. I'm not bragging of success, I'm admitting I have failed. I'm not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are too visible, but God believes I'm worth it. I do not wish to judge, I have no authority. I only know I am loved.

To me admitting I am Christian is admitting that I totally do not have it all together, that I struggle daily. That I am a sinner, but a sinner who is desiring to live a life that honors that Jesus died for those sins. I want to live my life in such a way that it works through those daily struggles with Grace. I want to step out of the world and imitate the good I see, not the evil that seems to surround it.

Beloved, do not imitate evil, but imitate good. He who does good is of God; he who does evil has not seen (discerned or experienced) God [has enjoyed no vision of Him and does not know Him at all]. -- 3 John 1:11

Life is hard. Knowing that I am loved, knowing that there is always someone in my corner, knowing I don't have to do life alone. It is why I am Christian.



No comments:

Post a Comment